My land has a road along side of it. Can I get my local government to pay for half the cost of fencing it off?

No. The Dividing Fences Act 1961 does not apply to the Crown i.e. the State or the Commonwealth Government, or to local governments for land used for public purposes such as roads and parks under the control of local governments.

Prices Colorbond Fencing Hardie Fencing Gates Infill Panels Fence Frames Fence Extensions Privacy Screens Pool Fencing Retaining Walls Delivery All Services